Prince Andrew has been called a “horrible little man” who has “questions to answer” about his friendship with convicted sex traffickers by a former royal police officer.
Paul Page served the Royal Family for six years as an armed protection officer at Buckingham Palace.
He has now slammed the Duke for failing to co-operate with US authorities in answering questions about his alleged links to sex offenders Jeffrey Epstein and Ghislaine Maxwell.
However Page said he expects Andrew will never co-operate with authorities, be it in the US or the UK.
His searing comments come just a day after Maxwell was jailed for 20 years for her sick role in procuring and abusing girls alongside convicted paedophile Epstein.
Page told the Sun Online : “Andrew has something to hide and he has questions to answer – but I don’t think he will ever be in a position where he will have to answer them because of who he is.
“He’s got the ‘HRH’ title in front of his name, Ghislaine hasn’t – where is she? Jail. Where is he? At home. Simple as that.”
“He’s a self absorbed, obnoxious, horrible little man who is disrespectful to those below him.”
Andrew spoke about his ties to Maxwell and Epstein in his infamous interview with BBC Newsnight in 2019.
He revealed he had known Maxwell since her university days when she attended Oxford and the pair were regularly spotted together as they operated in the same social circles, but he denied ever having a close friendship.
On Tuesday Maxwell was sentenced to 20 years in prison for her role in the sickening sexual assaults of young girls.
As Maxwell faced trial at the end of last year, Andrew was embroiled in his own scandal related to the late financier.
Andrew has repeatedly denied the allegations and the civil case ended in March when he paid a financial settlement to Giuffre. The out-of-court settlement was not an admission of guilt.
He has now stepped down from royal duties after the Queen stripped him of his military titles and patronages.
Andrew made no public appearances at the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee celebrations after it was announced he had tested positive for Covid.
He was then forced to remain out of sight during the Garter Day procession earlier this month after a “family decision” was taken to limit his appearance to a behind-the-scenes lunch and investiture ceremony.
It was a last minute call to stop Andrew attending with the Queen willing to listen to the opinions of Prince Charles and Prince William who ruled out his public presence, said a Telegraph source.