Latest Post

How Europe is responding to Russia’s ‘energy war’ as winter comes Alex Turner says Arctic Monkeys band name ‘alludes to how limited the expectations were’

Ardent fans and supporters were disappointed not to catch their first glimpse of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, Harry and Meghan, at the queen’s jubilee celebrations in London on Thursday.

The couple have been mostly absent from British royal occasions since they announced in 2020 that they were giving up their royal responsibilities, shaking the foundations of the family institution.

The pair moved to California, where they live with their children, Archie, 3, and Lilibet, 11 months. They are in Britain for the jubilee, but as other family members oversaw Thursday’s military parade and gathered on the Buckingham Place balcony, they were nowhere to be seen.

It appears they may have been watching from the wings, though. The Telegraph newspaper tweeted a photo of Meghan with extended members of the royal family — an image the paper said was from above the parade route.

The pair ruffled feathers when they gave a bombshell interview to television host Oprah Winfrey in 2021, detailing their experiences of royal life, including allegations of racism in the family.

Both have spoken publicly about the media scrutiny they faced in Britain, with Harry at times likening the hounding to that faced by his late mother, Princess Diana.

Harry and Meghan have continued to take part in global charity works and commercial projects. Meghan visited Uvalde, Tex., last month to pay respects to victims of the school shooting there. Harry was in the U.K. last year for the funeral of his grandfather Prince Philip in Windsor, amid coronavirus restrictions.

The two are expected to attend St. Paul’s Cathedral in London on Friday for a thanksgiving service with the queen as part of her four-day jubilee celebrations.